Tonight’s Dinner: Broccoli Quiche
I decided to make a quiche because we have a surplus of eggs right now.
Then I decided to alter the recipe in order to reduce the fat and calories. Perhaps I’m at cross-purposes?
Anyway, here’s the recipe.
1 Pillsbury pre-made pie crust, thawed and rolled into a 9″ pie dish
2 clove garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
1 head broccoli, chopped (mine weighed in at 13 oz)
1.5 cup skim milk
4 Egg Replacers (6 tsp powder+8 tbsp water)
2 large eggs
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tsp olive oil
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan, saute the onion and garlic a few minutes (my wife likes her onions almost carmelized, I would do less if not for her).
2. Add broccoli, saute about one minute.
3. Combine milk, eggs/replacers, and cheese.
4. Spread out the vegetables in the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture over it.
5. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
At six servings, it comes in at just under 300 calories according to the recipe calculator at My Fitness Pal.
By the way, does anyone else have trouble spelling “broccoli”? I really want the word to have two “l”‘s and one “c” when I write it. With so many other, more-complicated words I have no problem at all. For some reason, I have a block against this one.